1. INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Templeton World Charity Foundation, Inc. (TWCF), by using the website of TWCF, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Use Policy without limitation or qualification. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using TWCF’s website. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, you are not granted permission to use TWCF’s website.
All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “we,” “us,” or “our” shall refer to TWCF and its subsidiaries. All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “you” or “your” shall refer to the users of TWCF’s website.
2. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
TWCF’s website is provided by TWCF on an “as is” and “as available” basis. TWCF may suspend, withdraw or change all or part of the website at any time without notice. TWCF makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of TWCF’s website or the information, content, materials, or services included thereon, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In particular, TWCF does not warrant that TWCF’s website, its servers, or email sent from TWCF are free of viruses or other harmful components. TWCF will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of, or inability to use, TWCF’s website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise. Certain laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages; accordingly, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
3. GENERAL USE OF THE WEBSITE
- In order to access certain features of TWCF’s website, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process, including to obtain a TWCF account to access certain sections of the website, or as part of your continued use of such website. You agree that any registration information you give to TWCF will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You agree to use TWCF’s website only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, and (b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) TWCF’s website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by TWCF. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of TWCF’s website through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on such website.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts TWCF’s website (or the servers and networks that are connected to the website).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, sell, trade, or resell TWCF’s website, or any portion, feature, or content thereof, for any purpose, provided that you may download one copy of the materials on TWCF’s website on any single computer for your non-commercial use only and you may print one copy of the materials on TWCF’s website for your non-commercial use only, and further provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices on any such downloaded or printed materials.
- You agree that you are solely responsible (and that TWCF has no responsibility to you or to any third-party) for any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and for the consequences (including any loss or damage that TWCF may suffer) of any such breach.
- You must be 18 years or older to use TWCF’s website unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use such website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
- You must be a human. TWCF accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Your TWCF account may only be used by one person–a single TWCF account shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your TWCF account and password, if any. TWCF cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible to TWCF for all activities that occur under your TWCF account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one TWCF account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your TWCF account or password, you agree to notify TWCF immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to TWCF’s website, or your TWCF account with or without notice.
4. COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Certain features within TWCF’s website may allow you to post comments, send emails and other communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information (together “Commenting”). You agree, understand and represent that all of your Commenting: (i) is accurate, (ii) is owned or otherwise controlled by you, (iii) is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, and (iv) does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of Commenting. TWCF reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any Commenting activity or content. If you do post Commenting content or submit Commenting material, you grant TWCF a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Commenting content throughout the world in any media, including the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Commenting. TWCF takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Commenting content posted by you or any third party.
TWCF’s website may be linked to other websites not maintained by us. We do not control and are not responsible for the content of and policies governing use of those websites not maintained by us. The inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by us of the websites or the content thereof.
You may link to our website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
7. OWNERSHIP, COPYRIGHT, AND TRADEMARK
All content included on TWCF’s website, such as trademarks, service marks, trade names, text, graphics, logos, icons, button icons, images, data compilations, domain names, and software, is the property of TWCF or its content suppliers or used with permission. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of TWCF and may be protected by international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of TWCF or their software suppliers and may be protected by the laws of The Bahamas and international copyright laws. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to such content or software.
8. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK COMPLAINTS
TWCF respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on TWCF’s website, please notify us immediately by phone at +1 (242) 362-4904; by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail at Templeton World Charity Foundation,Inc., Templeton Building, Lyford Cay, Nassau New Providence, N-7776, The Bahamas.
9. SITE TECHNOLOGIES
TWCF does not provide the technologies used to build the website, and therefore, neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. TWCF hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third parties.
10. APPLICABLE LAW
By visiting TWCF’s website, you agree that the laws of The Bahamas, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and TWCF regarding such Policy.
11. CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy without prior notice. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted on our website. Your continued use of the website after modifications are posted constitutes an acknowledgment and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and its modifications.
September 21, 2017
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions about this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy should be addressed to email@example.com or by mail at Templeton World Charity Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box N.7776, Bayside Executive Park, Building No. 2, 2nd Floor, West Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas.